The best gluten-free recipes are designed that way from the start: no modifications or substitutions required. This Brussels sprout side is just one of many deliciously meant-to-be-gluten-free recipes from Green Chef, which now offers three certified gluten-free meal plans. Enjoy these crisp, tender, nutty, and savory sautéed sprouts.
¾ cup chopped bacon
9 ounces Brussels sprouts
2½ tablespoons pecans
6 tablespoons shallot
Salt and pepper to taste
- Medium-dice bacon into about ½-inch pieces.
- Place bacon in a dry medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pecans. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until pecans are toasted and bacon is crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer bacon and pecans to a paper towel (keep bacon fat in pan).
- Cut ends off Brussels sprouts. Lay flat and cut into about ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut ends off shallot and remove peel. Halve lengthwise. Lay flat and cut lengthwise into about ¼-inch thick strips.
- Return pan with bacon fat to stovetop over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and shallot to hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 7-10 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add about ¼ cup water to pan with Brussels sprouts. Stir. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until water cooks off and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Return bacon and pecans to pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
The post SPONSORED POST: Gluten-Free Brussels Sprouts Recipe from Green Chef appeared first on Gluten-Free Living.
(c) Gluten-Free Living – Read story here.