As we head into fall and the cooler weather settles in, enjoy the comforting flavors of lavender and honey on this unique and delicious toast. Made on Schär’s new Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds Bread, it’s a great way to get a healthy dose of sweet protein and flavorful fiber.
2 slices of Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds Bread
5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1½ tablespoons blueberry preserves or blueberry jam
1 pinch culinary lavender
A little bit of honey
- Toast the bread and allow to cool. In a small bowl, place the plain Greek yogurt.
- Add the blueberry preserves and gently start to stir with a small spoon to create a swirled, tie-dye effect.
- Be careful to not over stir here—you want the swirls to remain and for the ingredients to not be too well combined.
- When you have a good swirl effect, use a small rubber spatula to spoon the yogurt mixture on to the 2 slices of toast, dividing the mixture as evenly as possible between the 2 slices.
- Next, scatter the culinary lavender and follow with a drizzle of honey.
(c) Gluten-Free Living – Read story here.